BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 27, 2010

There and back again

I am home.


Finally!

I have spent the last month travelling, and I think this might have been the first time since moving to the States that coming back to Tulsa really and truly felt like coming home. I think that going back to England will always feel like going home ... but it's nice to know that coming back to the States does too.

After Anna and I had been in England for two weeks, Mark joined us for the last four days of the trip. Then we flew back to Tulsa and had four days at home to unpack, do laundry and repack before heading out again for another week.

England pictures first :)





Anna loved going to Marlow to feed the ducks and swans on the River Thames




She got lots of attention from Gramee and Grandpa!




Family picture sans Mark :(




Picnic on the Rye with Steph, Adam and his sister Laura.
(note the absence of rain in any of these pictures...!)



Anna's first baby doll!




One couch, four generations! Grandma was able to fly in from Canada for the wedding




Going for a walk through some of the gorgeous English countryside near where my parents live. Pushing Anna's stroller was a fought-after treat!



What would a trip to England be without going to the pub...? Matt and I went to watch England play one night. I love getting some good brother-time in :)




And good sister-time - Steph's hen night! (English for Bachelorette party)




Fun times had by all, especially Steph! :)



Decorating her wedding cake the night before the wedding, eek!



The Big Day! Beautiful Steph, proud Dad.




The wedding party outside the church. It rained all morning, but just as their wedding ceremony started the sun came out :)



All the girls!




The prettiest flower girl ever. In my humble opinion. She walked into the church holding Mark's hand. I didn't get to see it, since the bridesmaids came in after her, but everyone said she looked very cute :)


Well, that's a little glimpse into our time in England. I think I'll save the rest of my catching up for later!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Love these pictures. Fun to see you in a different environment too. Your family is beautiful. Hug yourself, Mark and Anna for us!!!