BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Food dye, Bingo and my little drummer boy





Here are some of the things we've been up to recently :)


 Learning about what colours do when mixed with each other. We half-filled two glasses with water and added red & yellow food dye. We used kitchen roll as a wick to draw the water into the third, middle, glass. Water (slowly!!) collected in the middle glass, and it was orange!






We played flash card bingo to practice writing her letters. She has been good at writing her name and a few other select letters for several weeks, but I'm wanting her to gradually expand her little repertoire! A good teacher friend of mine, Katie, suggested in her Toddler Preschool blog providing a spoken description of letters when teaching a child to write. (By the way, if you're interested in preschool ideas at home, I'd highly recommend checking out her blog!) For example, 'B' is a letter she has trouble with, but wanted it on her bingo card. Rather than holding her hand while she wrote it, I said "down, back up, around in a semi-circle, and around again to the bottom." She wrote the first and third rows of her bingo card herself.  It was pretty time-consuming, so I did alternate rows to prevent her from losing interest :) I pulled out our (neglected!) flashcards and started calling out letters, and she coloured each letter I called out as she found it on her card. It was a much funner way to use flashcards, in our opinion. When she got every letter on her card, she got a little chocolate treat as a prize :)






Levi provided musical accompaniment for our game of bingo by going to town on his little Leapfrog drum! Cutie patootie.








2 comments:

KMT said...

Thanks for the mention of the Toddler Preschool blog! And glad to see that you encourage drumming during learning times! :) You're little guy is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.